More news to follow soon..
- Chandra awarded 2016 Texas A&M University Multiscale Modeling Institute Travel Grant
- Matthias Exner defends his maters project and joins Airbus
- Dhrubajyoti Dutta defends his maters thesis
- Bing Li Defends his masters thesis
- Lab awarded a US Patent on Nanomechanical Raman spectroscopy
- Dr. Tomar promoted to full professor with tenure and awarded "University Faculty Scholar"
- Dr. Tomar bestowed "ASME Fellow" recognition
- Dr. Tomar was part of International advisory Committee of Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference at Vanderbilt University organized by American Society of Civil Engineers
- Dr. Tomar organized a symposium on "Interface Mechanics" at International Plasticity Conference-2016 and co-organized a symposium on "In-Situ and In-Operando Material Behavior" at TMS annual meeting-2016
- Dr. Tomar publishes a book with students Devendra Verma, Yang Zhang, and Devendra Dubey: "Multiscale Characterization of Biological systems". This is lab's second book besides multiple edited proceedings.
- Dev wins ASME AMD Haythornthwaite travel award for travel to ASME IMECE in Houston, 2015 ($$$-1000)!
- Tao Qu successfully defended his PhD research
- Yang Zhang successfully defended his PhD prelims
- Sudipta Biswas successfully initiated collaboration with Idaho National Lab
- New lab members Hao Wang, Dhrubajyoti, Bing Li, Matthias, and Debpriya join lab
- We presented our work and attended ASME-AMD Seattle meeting, SEM Costa-Mesa meeting, ICCM-20 Copenhagen meeting, and USNCCM-2015 meeting
- Lab published work in Acta Biomateriala and International J Plasticity, along with submission in many other journals
- Lab's work on deep sea shrimps is featured by American Society of Civil Engineers Magazine (http://www.asce.org/magazine/20150811-extreme-shrimp-studied-as-models-for-new-materials/). Other sites include Yahoo, Tumbler etc.
- Dev and Chandra Write Articles in 2014-April Issues of MRS Bulletin as well as JoM, In JoM their article is chosen for cover!
- Dev wins College of Engineering Outstanding Service Award! ($$$-2000!)..Great Service to Great Reward!
- Jonathan Marsh and Greeshma Ramakrishna defend their Masters
- Chandra Prakash clears quals
- Dev defends prelims and is approved for the research problem!
- Dr. Tomar awarded AIAA Associate Fellow, Delivers three invited Talks at TMS-2015, Delivers One invited talk at ASME-NEMB conference 2015
- Dr. Tomar begins his term as Associate Editor of ASME Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology. He is also an Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Experimental and Computational Biomechanics and Serves as key reader for Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A.
- Lab member Milad Alucozai wins Mitchell Scholarship, First ever in Purdue History! (~150 years!)
- Dr. Tomar deliver invited lecture 2014 Amerimech conference at UT Austin on Ming Gan's work
- Our long time collaborator Prof. Jian Luo from UCSD wins a very prestigious NSSEFF fellowship/grant! This is huge Jian and we hope to continue to learn by working with you!
- New Arrivals Ann Maithilee and Chandra Join group, Hongsuk and Yousung graduate with their well earned PhDs!
- Tao Qu defends prelims and is approved for the research problem!
- Dr. Tomar visits Dr. Hellmich in Austria, TCS in India, and CIMTEC in Italy in a span of two weeks to deliver invited talks and wishes not to talk/travel any more after that!
- Dev Verma got fellowship to attend World Congress on Computational Mechanics in Barcelona!!
- Chandra Prakash awarded prestigious Lynn fellowship from CSE program at Purdue!
- Jonathan Marsh joins group and dazzles everyone with his intelligence and hard work!
- Ming Gan defends his PhD, Files another patent, gets set for marriage, submits all papers related to his dissertation, and lands a job in one month! Thats efficiency!!
- Sudipta clears quals.
- NEW website launched!
- Ming wins second best poster award at NSF competition at IMECE-2013!
- Greeshma joins group and dazzles everyone with her hard work and enthusiasm
- Dr. Tomar deliver invited lectures at Fall-2013 MRS Boston meeting and Fall-2013 Thermec Las vegas meeting
More news to follow soon..