Lab's research is supported by total $29.8 Million in research Activity in 30 grants over 14 years of operation so far with his lab share of approximately $9 Million. Much of the research support success stems from partnership with great researchers around the world and contributions from great students.
- To be updated...
- Chandra awarded prestigious 2018 AAE Teaching Scholarship to teach independent undergraduate course as an instructor
- William Kellerhals awarded prestigious 2018 OUR Scholarship from Purdue
- Tomi Olokun and Vignesh Vivekanandan defended their masters thesis and continued for PhD dissertation
- Dr. Yang Zhang graduated with a PhD and joined Western Digital in San Francisco
- Dr. Sudipta Biswas graduated with a PhD and joined Idaho National Lab
- Dr. Tomar was a recipient of CT Sun research award (having a high appreciation for CT, Dr. Tomar considers this an important milestone)
- Dr. Tomar was a recipient of Seeds for Success Award at Purdue
- Dr. Tomar was part of International advisory Committee of Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference at University of California San Diego organized by Engineering Mechanics Institute of American Society of Civil Engineers where he gave an invited talk based on Sudipta's work
- Dr. Tomar co-organized a symposium on Multifuncational Biological Thin Films at 2017 TMS Annual Meeting and a Symposia on topic “Role of Interfaces in Dynamic Material behavior” at MACH conference in Annapolis, MD.
- Dr. Tomar and students presented multiple invited and keynote talks at international conferences including 2017 International Conference on Plasticity, Damage, and Fracture, 2017 TMS Annual Meeting, 2017 EMI meeting, 2017 MS&T Annual Meeting, 2017 BSSM Meeting, 2017 FAST meeting at Penn State, and 2017 Mid-West Mechanics meeting.
- Chandra awarded 2016 Texas A&M University Multiscale Modeling Institute Travel Grant
- Matthias Exner defends his maters project and joins Airbus
- Dhrubajyoti Dutta defends his masters thesis
- Bing Li Defends his masters thesis
- Lab awarded a US Patent on Nanomechanical Raman spectroscopy
- Dr. Tomar promoted to full professor with tenure and awarded "University Faculty Scholar"
- Dr. Tomar bestowed "ASME Fellow" recognition
- Dr. Tomar was part of International advisory Committee of Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference at Vanderbilt University organized by American Society of Civil Engineers
- Dr. Tomar organized a symposium on "Interface Mechanics" at International Plasticity Conference-2016 and co-organized a symposium on "In-Situ and In-Operando Material Behavior" at TMS annual meeting-2016
- Dr. Tomar publishes a book with students Devendra Verma, Yang Zhang, and Devendra Dubey: "Multiscale Characterization of Biological systems". This is lab's second book besides multiple edited proceedings.
- Dev wins ASME AMD Haythornthwaite travel award for travel to ASME IMECE in Houston, 2015 ($$$-1000)!
- Tao Qu successfully defended his PhD research
- Yang Zhang successfully defended his PhD prelims
- Sudipta Biswas successfully initiated collaboration with Idaho National Lab
- New lab members Hao Wang, Dhrubajyoti, Bing Li, Matthias, and Debpriya join lab
- We presented our work and attended ASME-AMD Seattle meeting, SEM Costa-Mesa meeting, ICCM-20 Copenhagen meeting, and USNCCM-2015 meeting
- Lab published work in Acta Biomateriala and International J Plasticity, along with submission in many other journals
- Lab's work on deep sea shrimps is featured by American Society of Civil Engineers Magazine (http://www.asce.org/magazine/20150811-extreme-shrimp-studied-as-models-for-new-materials/). Other sites include Yahoo, Tumbler etc.
- Dev and Chandra Write Articles in 2014-April Issues of MRS Bulletin as well as JoM, In JoM their article is chosen for cover!
- Dev wins College of Engineering Outstanding Service Award! ($$$-2000!)..Great Service to Great Reward!
- Jonathan Marsh and Greeshma Ramakrishna defend their Masters
- Chandra Prakash clears quals
- Dev defends prelims and is approved for the research problem!
- Dr. Tomar awarded AIAA Associate Fellow, Delivers three invited Talks at TMS-2015, Delivers One invited talk at ASME-NEMB conference 2015
- Dr. Tomar begins his term as Associate Editor of ASME Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology. He is also an Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Experimental and Computational Biomechanics and Serves as key reader for Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A.
- Lab member Milad Alucozai wins Mitchell Scholarship, First ever in Purdue History! (~150 years!)
- Dr. Tomar deliver invited lecture 2014 Amerimech conference at UT Austin on Ming Gan's work
- Our long time collaborator Prof. Jian Luo from UCSD wins a very prestigious NSSEFF fellowship/grant! This is huge Jian and we hope to continue to learn by working with you!
- New Arrivals Ann Maithilee and Chandra Join group, Hongsuk and Yousung graduate with their well earned PhDs!
- Tao Qu defends prelims and is approved for the research problem!
- Dr. Tomar visits Dr. Hellmich in Austria, TCS in India, and CIMTEC in Italy in a span of two weeks to deliver invited talks and wishes not to talk/travel any more after that!
- Dev Verma got fellowship to attend World Congress on Computational Mechanics in Barcelona!!
- Chandra Prakash awarded prestigious Lynn fellowship from CSE program at Purdue!
- Jonathan Marsh joins group and dazzles everyone with his intelligence and hard work!
- Ming Gan defends his PhD, Files another patent, gets set for marriage, submits all papers related to his dissertation, and lands a job in one month! Thats efficiency!!
- Sudipta clears quals.
- NEW website launched!
- Ming wins second best poster award at NSF competition at IMECE-2013!
- Greeshma joins group and dazzles everyone with her hard work and enthusiasm
- Dr. Tomar deliver invited lectures at Fall-2013 MRS Boston meeting and Fall-2013 Thermec Las vegas meeting
More news to follow soon..